Skip to main content

What Are You Thankful for!

Disembarking a flight after crossing multiple time zones and in the company of snoring co-passengers has always been a good enough reason to curse the long journey and the time wasted doing nothing but waiting for the destination to arrive.

I was in one such situation this morning! Grabbing my bags and hoping the immigration officials do not deport me for stepping on their soil in such an unkempt way; I was making my way out of the airport when an old lady asked if she can make a phone call to her son from my phone.  I handed over my phone to her and waited for her to finish talking to her son.  Apparently her phone had died off and she wanted to check with her son when he would arrive to pick her up from the airport.  As we waited for her son to arrive; freezing in sub zero temperature; I kept fantasizing about a hot water shower and a quick nap to calm my racing nerves down. As if trying to grab some of my mind space and competing with the wandering thoughts of what’s coming up during the stay; the old lady broke my reverie with her gentle smile and the words that calmed me down in a way no shower or nap could ever do. “There is always so much to be grateful for in life. The chilly weather today so reminds me of all the happy times I shared with my family cooking turkey for Thanksgiving and decorating the house for Christmas.  The carols and gifts; they all are remind you that life is so beautiful. And I am so thankful to you for giving an old lady a lovely company for some time. So tell me what are you thankful for today”. Well so now here is someone who challenged my racing mind to slow down for a bit and really look around and appreciate what can only classify as grueling cold.

And that brings me to my theory of being thankful.  The cells in our body are nothing but storehouse of energies that we accumulate through our experiences; our thoughts and our responses to the situations around us.  They respond to our desires; our fears; our beliefs and help us create possibilities and occurrences for the future.  You don’t need to be an astrologer to decode the most mysterious tense of human lives – The Future. Keenly observe the energies that people carry with them; see through their thoughts; what they do in their present; their mental state of being and the depth of their ideas and beliefs and one of you and me can predict upto 60-70 accuracy how the person is going to shape their destiny going forward.  Ever wonder why some people are an utter joy to be around and the very presence of some people would encourage you to just fly away from that space.  It all boils down to their energies and what they bring along with them. It’s so infectious that it pervades everything it comes in contact with. A person with a positive vibe will have an lasting impact on every soul it touches (like the lady at the airport) and so does the negative person.  Even when the negative person doesn’t intend to harm you; they still carry the energy within them that’s bound to trap you and infect you with their negativity. 


So where does that bring in what we started this blog with – Being Thankful. I go back to what the old lady said “there is always so much to be grateful for in life”  Since I hold a storehouse of energies within me what do I choose to store there? By being grateful; the message to sub conscious mind is that of abundance; of grace and of joy.  It’s a message that I am thankful for the little joys and I will continue to expand that energy by focusing on it.  It’s manipulating the mind to infuse vibes in our cells that would eventually decide the quality of thoughts; behavior and patterns that we live with.  It’s about focusing on what I want to expand in my life.  Do I want to expand the worked up energies by only thinking of an upcoming shower and a cozy nap or should I be expanding my beautiful energies by being with an old lady and stealing some of her positive energies while waiting with her to find her son? It’s a choice that can potentially define what you radiate out in the world. What is your energy? Do you have a choice or are you a victim of your circumstances.  What are you Thankful for today? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing Others!

A young individual in his late 20’s reached out early last year as he wanted a sounding board for something that had been on his mind for a longest time.   After series of ugly break ups, he finally found a girl who he really wanted to settle down with.   The girl, apparently, had her own share of ups and downs and therefore was leaving no stone unturned to ensure that their meaningful relationship stayed.   The hiccup in this was the energies that they put in to make the relationship work.   The boy had a hard time letting go of the past which sometimes made him inaccessible to the girl, emotionally.   The girl in her quest to let the guy stay tried every trick that relationship experts across the globe had to throw her way, making her emotionally confused and struggling.   What seemed like a beautiful relationship from outside, was actually an unauthentic association that thrived on struggles, uncertainty, lack of trust and communication, lack of self-love and respect for own

Soul Connects@ SPITI VALLEY

Sometimes due to the erratic lifestyles that we lead; some trips just get planned.  There is not a lot of thought; no dissections on why to go; what to see and with whom to travel; things just work out as if the place has sent you a special invite with a round trip ticket to come and make it your abode for few days! Spiti to me was one such trip.  Not many internal deliberations.  The place was on the bucket list for some time and while I may love to say I made a choice to go there; in hindsight; the place had reserved a spot for me to pay a visit and the reasons unfolded while I took this trip.  I could have left a few pictures and their descriptions for people to read and decide if they would want to experience the majesty of this place; but I feel it would be unfair and incomplete if I do not share the spiritual churn I underwent in each of the 8 days that I was lost in those mountains.  These experiences are well cherished and through this blog I am attempting to share some o

Packet of GEMS

Ever opened a packet of Cadbury GEMS or M&Ms to find button like shapes in different colors? Did you want to grab and devour each one of them even when you knew that its core is all chocolate and that’s how it is within every button? Looking back at the time when I last had a packet of GEMS (which was a few minutes ago); my relationship of joy with that packet was in exploring different colors like Blue; Orange; Green and Yellow and knowing that they will all lead up to a delightful shot of chocolate at its core. My GEMS moment happened yesterday at Believe in Yourself Coaching Festival where a different packet of GEMS was opened up for the participants to devour. It was all up for grabs…take how much you can, consume all that you can and we even got to take some of those packets home.  Celebrating Coaching; Authenticity, Purpose and Passion amongst various other things; the festival was all about getting people from different walks of lives to share their life journeys and